Organic Non-Toxic Candles
There’s nothing more relaxing than burning a candle and curling up under a warm blanket, am I right? The warm golden glow. The soft, flickering shadows. The delicious aromas. Ahhhh, pure zen.
But did you know that candles can actually be super harmful if you’re not purchasing the right ones? Let's dive in for a minute!
Research from the EPA shows that candles with lead core wicks can lead to higher levels of lead in the air and may also emit chemicals like formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, and acrolein far above acceptable EPA-recommended levels. Exposure to high amounts of lead has been linked to hormone disruption, behavioral problems, learning disabilities, and numerous health problems.
There is also the issue with traditional paraffin wax, which is derived from petroleum and can contain various toxins, carcinogens, and air pollutants. Petroleum releases carcinogenic soot when burned, which can cause respiratory problems and will aggravate the conditions of those who already have asthma, lung, or heart problems.
The overpowering scent of most candles comes from synthetic oils that release microscopic particles which can cause cancer and other health problems when inhaled. All of these things in commercial candles can lead to headaches, vision issues, asthmatic flares and so much more!
To keep your air clean when burning candles, it’s best to use candles with organic beeswax or soy wax, 100% cotton or hemp wicks, and high-quality essential oils. Because natural waxes have a lower melting point, they often last longer as well. This means you get more for your money, and you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite candles for much longer. Plus, the wax used in these candles are biodegradable, so it’s easier to clean spills and re-use these gorgeous amber glass containers when they are empty.
--> 2 OPTIONS FOR CANDLE WAX! <--
1) TALLOW BEESWAX: Made from the rendered fat of animals, this animal-based wax/fat was used for centuries for candles and is still one of the most environmentally safe forms of wax. Candle waxes have different melting points, but the best candles have a melting point between 125- and 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Tallow is solid at room temperature and softer than beeswax, but it burns slowly and gives good light. Beeswax and tallow candles produce very little (almost non-existent) soot smoke – they are some of the oldest types of candles in history. Besides being all-natural, they possess several health benefits when compared to the common paraffin wax candles that you find in many stores. Using these beeswax and tallow candles in place of paraffin candles may help improve allergy and asthma symptoms. Like air purifiers, beeswax candles release negative ions that neutralize the particles from air pollutants, rendering them harmless. Purify your air with natural beeswax candles instead of polluting the air with petroleum-based candles.
2) SOY & COCONUT WAX: This soy wax is 100% organic & non gmo! Soy wax candles are typically container candles since soy wax has a lower melting point than other types of wax. Moreover, additives like coconut wax can be mixed into soy wax to raise the melting point. In addition, soy wax tends to be softer & burns at a cooler temperature, meaning that your candle will burn for more hours than a paraffin candle of the same size. The soy tends to produce a white flame, which is similar to fluorescent light and has no natural scent. The wax is also less likely to scald if touched, which is an important consideration for households with curious little ones. Coconut wax is a colorless and odorless wax made from cold-pressed coconut meat or coconut oil mixed with soy wax. It is considered as one of the best and healthiest types of wax to make candles because it doesn’t produce as much soot as the other types of wax. It is also commonly blended with other natural waxes to produce candles that have better burn quality and aromatic throw. If you’re about saving the planet, coconut wax candles are the perfect fit for you because they are the most eco-friendly type of candle to produce. They are non-toxic and burn cleaner because as mentioned previously, coconut wax emits no smoke and is soot-free.
> Tallow Beeswax BURN TIME 60 hours
> Soy Coconut BURN TIME 50 hours
>> Simply Unscented: Just wax no added scents or herbs!
>> Chamomile Infused: beeswax and tallow infused with dried chamomile flowers. Little to no scent other than natural honey aroma
CANDLE SCIENCE CLEAN SCENT OPTIONS:
Free from : Carcinogens, Mutagens, Reproductive and Organ toxins and Acute toxins that can cause adverse effects from a single exposure. They are phthalate free and 3rd party tested for safety.
Baked Apple Pie: This mouthwatering, boozy scent starts with top notes of apple, cinnamon, and a hint of orange. Bourbon and butter are the heart of this fragrance, while rich, sweet maple and vanilla finish off this irresistible baked apple dessert.
Toasted Pumpkin: Comforting and sweet with just the right amount of spice, this scent will remind you of autumn festivals, pumpkin carving, and bonfires. Toasty top notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove give way to middle accords of silky buttercream and pumpkin. A base of smoked embers and vanilla gives this scent a warm twist on a classic fall fragrance.
Coconut Beach Dreams: Sit back, relax, and drift away to a warm, sunny beach edged by turquoise blue water and the gentle rush of waves. This fragrance oil is the essence of a luxe tropical escape. While many coconut fragrances are on the sweet side, this scent instead leans on woody notes of sandalwood, cedar, and amyris.
Banana Bread: Top notes of toasted walnut and ripe banana combine with nutmeg and sugar for a blend that’s perfectly nutty and sweet. Vanilla and cake base notes enrich the sweetness in this toasty scent. This gourmand fragrance makes any space feel warm and cozy. This fragrance oil is infused with natural essential oils, including cinnamon leaf, nutmeg, orange, and lemon.
Deep Woods: Inspired by the popular Christmas tree, this scent has mild citrus top notes, earthy undercurrents, and a woody, fir balsam core that makes you think “Christmastime.” Cozy and comforting, Fraser Fir is perfect for setting a festive holiday mood or creating the right ambience for a quiet winter evening by the fire. This fragrance is infused with natural essential oils, including fir balsam.
Blueberry Cheesecake: Captures the inviting aroma of baked vanilla cheesecake and mouthwatering blueberries. Let a dusting of cinnamon top notes tickle your nose before juicy blueberry mid-tones sink into tangy cream cheese and sweet graham cracker crumbles.
Cinnamon Chai: captures the inviting essence of a steaming mug of this much loved, and centuries old, beverage. Top notes of cinnamon, cardamom, and orange peel awaken the heart of rich cream and spicy peppercorn, while notes of rejuvenating black tea and sweet vanilla round out the base. This oil is infused with natural essential oils including clove bud, cinnamon leaf, cassia, and orange.
Roasted Marshmallows: This scent captures the nostalgia of an evening campfire after a day of autumnal adventure. Crisp notes of ozone and eucalyptus simulate an evening chill, followed by a strong heart of vanilla marshmallow and cinnamon sugar roasting over a base of embers, oak, and smoke. This fragrance is infused with essential oils, including juniper and clove.
Brown Sugar & Fig: Romantic and luxurious, Brown Sugar and Fig fragrance oil is a warm embrace for your senses. Top notes of ripe fig, caramelized sugar, lemon and a touch of sea salt come through right away, while deep brown sugar makes up the heart of this fragrance. Dark musk and amber in the base reinforce the richness of this enticing scent.
Island Escape: a modern tropical fusion of fresh mango and creamy coconut milk. Pineapple and orange top notes meld with ripe mango and a hint of peach. Coconut milk and sugar base notes round out this lush, luxurious fruit medley.
Laundry Day: Captures the nostalgic aroma of line-dried sheets on a sunny, breezy day. This scent begins with calming cotton blossom and a touch of lemon, giving way to a heart of crisp linen. Base notes of powder, sandalwood, and violet ground this clean, classic fragrance.
Warm Amber: a warm, earthy blend of sandalwood and musk, with top notes of airy ozone and a hint of citrus that open up to a sandalwood core and is smoothed out with lightly sweet benzoin. Resinous amber and cedar blend with dark musk and a touch of powder for a rich woodiness in the base.
Spiced Caramel Tabacco: This fragrance oil is a captivating blend of honey, spices, and tobacco leaves, with a smooth woody base. Hints of bergamot and herbal coriander give way to honey and amber. Tonka bean adds a touch of vanilla that complements the bold honey. Resinous oud wood, musk, and tobacco leaf ground this fragrance with an earthy base. This cozy fragrance has a rich sweetness that can summon memories of fragrant honey or dried pipe tobacco.
Midnight Coast: This sensual fragrance oil marries notes of lavender, amber, dark musk, and vetiver. A mossy, marine scent, Midnight Coast will capture your imagination and lend an air of mystery to your home. This fragrance oil is infused with natural essential oils including orange sweet, patchouli, nootka tree, and eucalyptus.
Coffee Shop: Top notes of just-ground coffee beans start this fragrance oil off strong, while a touch of sugar and cream add the perfect amount of sweetness. Fresh Brewed Coffee candles transform any space into your favorite neighborhood cafe.
Sweet White Tea: Deeply aromatic, this scent begins with top notes of mandarin and lemongrass amplified by mid notes of bergamot and ginger steeped in a base of white tea and jasmine. Uplifting and ethereal, this scent transforms any space into a soothing atmosphere. This fragrance is infused with natural essential oils, including bergamot, litsea cubeba, and ginger.
Evergreen Mornings: this oil adds a new layer of sophistication to traditional pine scents with vivid notes of eucalyptus, cypress, and tonka bean, creating a unique aromatic crispness. This fragrance is infused with natural essential oils, including fir needle, cedarwood, eucalyptus, patchouli, and cedar leaf.
Just Breathe: this refreshing oil blends sweet peppermint with tingly, earthy eucalyptus for a refreshing spa-like scent. Hints of cedarwood add depth that make this a perfect year-round fragrance. This oil is infused with natural essential oils, including eucalyptus oil, corn mint oil, cedarwood oil, and patchouli oil.
Campfire: A true essence of sitting by a cozy fire, this familiar and distinctive scent melds notes of smoke and wood into a warm union of clove, amber, sandalwood, and patchouli.
Peach Nectar: The aroma of fresh peach blends perfectly with a hint of the tropics to create this rich, sweet, sultry scent.
If you would like a customized candle, I can do that! Just write in the notes what essential oils & flowers you would like included and I will make it happen.
All candles are hand poured, 100% organic USA non-gmo organic soy wax, free of parabens, paraffin, lead, phthalates, synthetic fragrance oils and are dye free. They are finished with an organic hemp wick which burns longer and slower & leaves no toxic burden behind.
* cut wick 1/4 inch after each use
* burn candle long enough that the wax melts all the way to the edge each time to ensure even burn
* always burn in a safe space
* do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time